ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TimemiT
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
NEX-6 SEL35F18 versus Canon SD4000
6 months ago

Hello to DP members ...

Being a photography novice I realize there is a great deal to learn ... so my first question would be

1. Is there a "dummies" book on using the NEX platform (NEX-6)?

2. How come my NEX-6 with SEL35F18 doesn't take as good pics as my Canon SD4000 (both in simple Auto mode and indoors)? For the longest time I have used the pocket Canon SD4000 with it's bright F1.8 lens ... and let me tell you, it takes great indoor shots, especially in low or poor lighting. I sell many items on Ebay and use that camera a lot because of that bright lens. I wanted a similar bright lens for my NEX-6 and read great reviews on the SEL35F18.  However, I can't seem to easily duplicate in the NEX-6 the great photos the SD4000 takes with it's tiny lens?   So at this point, it seems I have to go back to question #1 and get myself educated???   Definitely my use of the NEX-6 and 35F18 will expand to outdoors, but for now I'm not doing well with indoor shots???

Thanks for any input?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SD40 (Digital IXUS i7 / IXY Digital L4) Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow