X-T1 looks mighty interesting, what do you think?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Alan Lai
Regular MemberPosts: 287Gear list
Like?
Re: X-T1 looks mighty interesting, what do you think?
In reply to AustinB, 10 months ago

AustinB wrote:

Alan Lai wrote:

perry rhodan wrote:

What do you think of the new X-Fuji? Looks very tempting to me. Was getting ready to buy the EM1 kit, now still waiting for the final specs and test of this new X-trans miracle. Missing any TTLW-flash is not good, EVF and IQ and AF look superb.

And: no I'm not trying to troll here. Have some nice MFT's from Oly already.

Kind regards Perry

My thoughts:

1. A great still camera, but with useless video mode, aka 17 minutes time limit.

2. Included hot shoe flash looks hideous.

3. The X System doesn't have as complete lens as M43 System.

4. Kit pricing is on the high side. I am not an extreme retro styling fan.

5. Will wait for actual user reviews and a few firmware updates to see where Fujifilm is going to do with the body and lens.

I'd never try to get you to switch, but #4 should be put into context, as the Fuji kit lens is an incredible lens. Better than any kit lens I've used.

Fuji lens pricing is high though, agreed. The quality is superb, but it's superb in M43 too. The lens I've always admired in M43 are the 45mm (less than 400$!), 20mm Panny, and the new 25mm Oly (nifty fifty pancake) should be excellent too.

I don't think it's some kind of competition that "you'd never try to get me to switch."

I have stated my opinion regarding X-T1, and if Fuji can sort some of these out in the future, I may switch. And as a matter of fact, most of these are easily solvable through either firmware update and/or more lens.

Alan Lai's gear list:Alan Lai's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow