Veteran MemberPosts: 5,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Roman and Rservello
In reply to RomanJohnston, 9 months ago

RomanJohnston wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

RomanJohnston wrote:

including going through my old stuff to see what might work

This is what I was talking about, people don't "shoot" B&W anymore, it's an afterthought.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

I would say for the most part you are correct. There are a few though....that take the time to "see" in B&W and contemplate a shot because of its appeal to become a B&W.

Rarer that they are though. Many of us could stand to apply such discipline as we grow our skills as a photographer.

A trick I was shown and the technique I used. If I found a shot that had promise, I would took at it through a red 25 filter. This basically turns the scene monochrome and given I like the look a red filter gives to most landscapes scenes, it was a good way to judge visually what it would look like without color.

Obviously when shooting film I used B&W film so I would go out that day with the purpose of shooting B&W. I personally never shot color and B&W on the same outing. You are looking for shapes and interesting light, you have to ignore the color.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow