X-T1 looks great but.....

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
CameraGuyTV
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Re: Really? Okay, then...
In reply to LWS2013, 6 months ago

ok so if I post the name of just one Pro photographer that switch from using a D4 to a canon will you then admit your wrong?

Yes, I think that if you post one pro that you know who changed to a Canon from Nikon because of the D4 sensor, we will all agree that we were wrong, and you are completely right. It will justify ALL your statements. That the D4 had an inferior sensor, that throngs of photographers tossed out decades of high quality lenses and flash systems and other accessories to move to Canon.

Come on Pal. Time to admit you painted yourself so far into a corner you can't even see the entrance to the room.

I've read your statements that the D800e has more resolution than the D4. WOW what a revelation. A 36mp full frame camera introduced 2 years after the D4 with 16mp sensor has more resolution. You have completely turned the photographic industry on it's hind end. Yes, it has more MP, and in theory you should be able to crop and enlarge a 36mpFF image better than a 16mpFF image. That is not a surprise.

What you are so completely missing is the Fuji X system is not - on purpose - trying to compete with a 36mp $3,100 FF sensor camera.

I get it. You don't think Fuji should have released an SLR version of their X system camera without increasing the number of MP on the sensor. Fine, make that statement. But as I have pointed out in many other replies, your other statements are not accurate, and you have failed to provide any proof that they are.

I've been a photographer for just over 40 years. I have taught photography for over 10 years, and I created one of the most popular series of instructional DVD's on over 125 different digital cameras in the past 10 years. I have personally owned, used, reviewed, and instructed people on how to get the most out of their cameras. That means I have owned over 55 DSLR's and about 70 compact digitals. MP are not the defining specs of a camera's ability. There is a 41mp camera phone available. I would easily blow away the image quality using a 10 year old Nikon D100 with 6mp due to a number of factors including lens quality, size of pixels, sensor size, dynamic range and other factors.

I added an X series camera to my world in the fall because I wanted a small, light weight camera with solid manual controls and other abilities to control my camera's settings. The camera has not disapointed. Now, when I am in need of top resolution, ability to make as large a print, or a significant crop - I'm going to select my work horse D800 with one of my prime lenses.

But, I always carry a camera with me - EVERYWHERE - and right now, that's a Fuji X-M1.

Like I told you earlier. I think you should either agree with the people who have presented solid facts proving your claim is wrong, or at least follow your own advice, sell your Nikon gear and buy what ever Canon you like.

I'm done on this thread.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow