a lot of pressure on Sony now ...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,686
Like?
Re: Dennis: I feel perfectly at loss = the a3000 was a disaster not a glory for S.
In reply to jpr2, 9 months ago

I am not sure that litigation for selling something cheap is really going to work.

What costs are you talking about? I expect the development costs were low as the body is large so stock components could be used. You say faux DSLR but putting a central viewfinder in the middle of the body seems to necessitate the shape. Many CSC's are this shape and superzooms also.

If you want a rangefinder shape with a corner EVF Sony do 2 models so why this hysteria has been generated over the very affordable high resolution A3000 because it happens to look like a DSLR is a bit of a mystery.

jpr2 wrote:

errr? what was so brilliant about the a3000? a faux-DSLR form factor? or maybe the price point, but then why was it land-slided (perhaps mud-slided would be a better description) almost immediately after introduction to a dumping point = it is a surprising really why others didn't go into litigation with S. for employing unfair marketing practices and selling below costs?!! (but maybe the cost ARE this low, and then it is a true eye-opener by how much end-users are gutted price-wise).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow