Do You Use the Neck Strap?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,602Gear list
Like?
Me too - not the one that came with the camera, but yes to neck straps...
In reply to Mark Scott Abeln, 8 months ago

I have neck straps on my DSLR and my mirrorless camera - but not the one that came with the cameras...which I find too cheap and rough and not comfortable.  For my DSLR, I use Kata Reflex-E straps for years now - they are extra long, can be used sling-style too, and have easy remove clips and untangling swivels...and even some storage in the strap.  I often wrap the neck strap around my wrist twice and use it as a wrist strap when using longer lenses, but like the flexibility of being able to throw it around my neck to support the camera for in-the-field lens changes.

My mirrorless uses a much lighter, thinner strap - but in much the same way - around my neck for lens changes and wrapped around my wrist for walkabout.  I actually am currently using a manufacturer's strap on my mirrorless - but not the one that came with it - I had an old 1998 Camcorder that had a much nicer, soft cloth-type strap, rather than the hard, abrasive, cheap polyester one that came with my mirrorless, so I'm using that 15-year-old strap instead.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow