Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Longstaff
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Back to u4/3 ?
11 months ago

I am a self confessed gear head. I have had a string of cameras over the years, and I'll confess, that much as I like taking pictures, half the pleasure for me, is in getting the new gear. I also find, that if you buy the right lenses, and accept that bodies will loose money, then swapping systems doesn't have to be cost prohibitive.  Frequently, over a couple of years, I even find the value of a lens, is more than I paid for it.

Anyhow, to my latest dilemma:

I had a bunch of u4/3 kit - e-p1, gf1, e-p3 with the lenses, then sold it, to go for a D600 full frame, because of that full frame lust.  To be honest, I frequently find, that I am taking my iPhone, or Ricoh GR out because the D600 is too big.  That said, I do love some of the images that I get from the D600, particularly form the Nikon 35-70 2.8 lens.

However, I am really tempted by the current Olympus offer, where I can get a E-M5 for $799, and the 12-40 2.8 for $200 off, and the 75mm 1.8 for $200.

Question, will I miss that Full frame DR, bokeh, look?

TBH I'm not really expecting that anyone can answer this for me, but figured by writing the forum post, I might help myself!

Chris Longstaff's gear list:Chris Longstaff's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Nikon D600 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow