Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,830Gear list
Like?
Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to socode, 10 months ago

socode wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

Regarding the A5000, I made it perfectly clear that I was discussing what options are open for NEX users in the new range and saying that the A5000 (which is NOT a starter camera - that is the A3000) is of no interest to us, which leaves only the rumoured NEX-7 replacement as a body of possible interest... and if that is not what we want then many will probably leave with Fuji being one of the obvious destinations

OK, so let me think this through.

A whole bunch of users with 1-2 year old cameras will hop between systems every time one manufacturer "leapfrogs" the others according to a constantly-shifting wishlist, they'll spend more of their disposable income on cameras and lenses, and you think camera manufacturers would consider that a downside?

Oh dear, we are being deliberately dense, aren't we?

NEX was released in 2010, means it's coming-up for four years old now and many of us have been there since the begining, others have joined en-route

NEX users buy lenses, accessories and new bodies on a regular basis which makes them high-value customers to Sony. Sony are foolish because their customer model does not allow them to recognise this reality (this also applies to A-mount owners)

If Sony are not obviously releasing the bodies that NEX owners want to buy, particularly after cancelling the NEX product name and re-organising the E-mount product range, then those users will probably leave and go to another brand - some rather high-profile members of this forum are already talking about doing that. If that happens then Sony will lose a lot of high value customers. If they were sensible they would consider it a downside, but I suspect they won't even notice as they don't think of customers in that way and instead will just see an inexplicable (to them) underperformance in APS-C Emount camera/lens/accessory sales

Does that help your thinking?

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow