Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
kaiser soze
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Re: You nailed the problem with Sony right now.
In reply to DT200, 11 months ago

DT200 wrote:

nevercat wrote:

Everybody wants a... lens, until they see the price and size of it.

Look at the latest e-mount lenses. The prices are all over $1000 and the sizes are often bigger than their DLSR FF counterparts.

Who want to put a larger lens on a small body making is almost the same size as DSLR that has a working focus system? Why not get the DSLR that can focus and that has real grip? You will even save money do those insane Sony lens prices.

Sony needs to go back to the APS size lenses and prices.

My NEX-7 has a focusing system that works amazingly well. In fact, even the autofocus works very well, but more importantly, it provides a couple of very useful manual focusing aids that actually do help me to focus the camera. If I had a DSLR, I would not have the same focusing aids, and would have greater difficulty focusing the camera. Of course I could try and use the AF, but there is no way that any camera can know what I want to focus on or decide intelligently on depth of field. And the AF in a DSLR isn't really going to work significantly better that the AF on a good mirrorless camera. The noteworthy difference is that it might be faster, but not by a lot and not even this is guaranteed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow