Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
joejack951
Senior MemberPosts: 2,314Gear list
Like?
Re: Do You Use the Neck Strap?
In reply to Martin.au, 7 months ago

Martin.au wrote:

jrkliny wrote:

I consider a neck strap to be absolutely essential for a DSLR. I would like to know how anyone can change a less without a strap. Well I am sure it is possible if you have a table or are sitting down. But how can you change lenses while outside walking around?

BTW, here is how I do it with a strap. First I press the lens release button and slightly turn the lens on the camera so it remains unlocked. I pull a lens out of a pouch with my right hand. The left hand removes the lens from the camera and the right immediately attaches the new lens. I then stow the previously used lens in a lens case. The process of lens changing can be completed in about 10 seconds while I am walking. An exception is my 100-400 lens. That beast is heavy enough that I need to stand still and concentrate while changing that lens.

-- hide signature --

That's a good reason. I just use my bag to help change lenses. Take off the lens, drop it in the bag, chuck the new lens on the camera, cap the old lens.

With one of the Lowepro Flipside backpacks, it's very easy to swap lenses while moving as well.

joejack951's gear list:joejack951's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow