Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
trueview
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: This is very funny
In reply to sgoldswo, 11 months ago

sgoldswo wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

why did they put that same old sensor in it, they really should have developed an update 21 or 24mp sensor, I wouldn't buy an X-T1 because the sensor is likely to be replaced with in a year.

This is no different to the Nikon DF using the same sensor as the D4, the D4 sensor isn't great and caused many Nikon users to switch over to Canon

This is comic, absolutely comic. The D4/Df sensor is one of the best performing sensors bar none. It certainly isn't the reason the D4 didn't perform well - insane pricing and the crazy addition of experimental media (XQD) are the main reasons.

What Fuji and the developers of the Df realised is that actually the race for megapixels is essentially a race to the bottom. I would be more interested in a new 16mp sensor with improved high iso and dynamic range.

Could you, or other people here who have mentioned fuji DR here, point to a good source of DR measurement of the x-trans sensor ?

In my experience, at high iso, the x-pro 1 seems clearly inferior to the canon 5DIII. In night photography, compared with I I get from the 5DIII, this translates into unattractive rendition of specular hilights and surfaces brightly lit by a nearby streetlamp, for instance. (At least I attribute this to lower DR, but I could be wrong, of course).

I haven't had the x-pro 1 for very long, and haven't had an opportunity to really test its base iso DR in the field. Which is why I am genuinely interested in such measurement.

Not that this would change my generally very positive opinion of this camera. But it's always good to precisely know the performance envelope of what you use. Helps at better using it.

I usually go to DXO for such measurements, but they don't test the x-trans sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow