Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shadowoflight
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Clear Filters - Sony/Zeiss vs B+W?
7 months ago

So, my question is...how do they compare?

It's really hard to find side by side comparisons and reviews online. Actually, it isn't 'really hard'. Such comparisons are practically non-existant. Even the lenstip comparisons don't include the sony/zeiss filters in their work.

As far as I can work out, based on subjective opinions of lots of reviews and similar posts, the T* coating gives fantastic optical performance, while B+W's Nano coats give damn good water repelling properties. There's a youtube video that shows the water repelling performance to be true.

So now, optical performance. Has anybody used both and ended up with a preference? How does Sony/Zeiss' T* compare with B+W's MRC?

And please, no "both are multi coats so both are the same" kinda comments. There are different types of multi coats with presumably different levels of performance, etc.

Would be nice to have someone with experience with the different filters to share their opinions.

Thanks

Reference:

T* - Zeiss' multi coating to reduce flare, reflection allow more light to pass

MRC - B+W's multi coating to reduce flare, reflection allow more light to pass

MRC, with additional Nano Coating - B+W's multi coating to reduce flare, reflection allow more light to pass, with added water repellent properties, thanks to nanotechnology I presume.

shadowoflight's gear list:shadowoflight's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow