Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Going back to DSLR...
In reply to arcaswissi99, 10 months ago

arcaswissi99 wrote:

Hi Al,

no camera will you make a photographer. You can do better with some but finally its only the man behind the cam. As a long time Nikon photographer I can tell you that the 135DC is a great lens but with no AF! As the viewfinder of the D800 is nothing to write home about in terms of manual focusing you won´t be able to do moving objects with this lens but of course beautiful portraits. The 16-40mm is max an OK lens but by no means stellar. In this case you´d have to buy the 14-24. 85/1,4 is great. For me after more than 30 years of photography from 8x10inch to m43 I am glad to travel with small luggage but anyway I wish you much fun and strong shoulders to carry. As you miss long lenses on the Fuji you´d have to go with at least 300mm or 400mm lenses from Nikon. Besides the cost you must be aware of carrying additional 4 to 6 kg per lens.

Well, that is a bit of an overstatement, as neither my old manual Nikon 400, nor my AF-S 80-400 VR II, weighs much over one kilo!

Stlll, lumping around even three kilos (camera + lens, and monopod) is tiring at the end of the day!

A 600/4 does come up into that weight-range, no matter what brand!

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com
Mostly Nikon V1, & D600, user

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow