Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
This doesn't add up
In reply to hip2, 6 months ago

It may not add up, I can tell I'm going to get annoyed with just one lens eventually and then what? The RX10 is up above the Canon APS-C range but then so is the E mount.

There's not a lot of glass options out there, I need to consider that... Like the LX7 I'm sure the RX10 has a nice lens. How does it stack up against the NEX kit lenses?

The other thing is, I will be buying more glass as I go though which also makes me think perhaps a more standard kit like a Micro 4/3 body or a Canon such as the EOS M or 100D might be a better starting point? AT least that gives me the chance to go up to a full sized body wih a wide range of supported lenses. There's the X mount there as well.

But the real question is how bad are the standard E mount lenses and what would I be missing as compared to an RX10...

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow