Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris59
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,825Gear list
Like?
Re: What?
In reply to AlphaTikal, 8 months ago

AlphaTikal wrote:

Sorry for double posting.
Sometimes I am not able to produce better images with raw. Depends on type of photo.
--
· http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackhole_eater/
· (All photos are creative common licensed. Check them out.)
· English is not my native language.

In response to both your posts:-

There are, in my opinion, only three good reasons to shoot JPEGs in camera.  1.  The increased burst rate which may or may not be important to you.  2.  The ability to send images "on the fly" or in a hurry.  3.  If you are running low on memory cards, have a number of images you need/want to get, and no way of getting more cards.

As for image quality, JPEGs produced from software are superior to those produced in camera for virtually all cameras - even when you do NO post processing.  As for improving your RAW images, you may sometimes be unable to produce better images by making adjustments.  However, even if you can't improve the image via adjustments, the JPEG from post processing your RAW data will still have the better resolution.

Having said this, if you are happy with your JPEGs, then that's fine, but don't expect the images you produce to be as good as your camera and lens can do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LazyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow