Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,567Gear list
Like?
Re: This doesn't add up
In reply to Lumixdude, 9 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

Thanks, size isn't the issue, I want an APS-C camera with a decent sensor, the NEX has got that... Now I guess its just a matter of working out which particular model since they're all pretty much the same in terms of the images they produce. Neither the 3N 5N or 7N really have a proper articulating screen, this is a bit of a shame really. For a waste level finder its OK but for above the head shots? I guess you could hold the camera upside down. Fixing the screen like that is annoying... The other bits? I don't really have a need for an external flash, nor do I for an audio jack.

Although the 5N isn't that much more expensive and has a metal body for extra durability. I can get the twin lens kit for the 3N at the moment for about $500... That's a fair amount of kit for a ridiculous price.

Seeing the list of features you find important, and the amount of money you're willing to pay, I think you should stick with compact cameras. A fast zoom is going to be enormous, and set you back way more than $500 (body not included). An articulated screen is only available on Canon EOS, Panasonic GH, and a few others. Again not available in the body size you're thinking. An RX10 is actually the cheapest solution for all the features you're asking for, though the sensor size is smaller.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow