Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,945
Like?
Re: This doesn't add up
In reply to Lumixdude, 10 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

Thanks, size isn't the issue, I want an APS-C camera with a decent sensor, the NEX has got that... Now I guess its just a matter of working out which particular model since they're all pretty much the same in terms of the images they produce. Neither the 3N 5N or 7N really have a proper articulating screen, this is a bit of a shame really. For a waste level finder its OK but for above the head shots? I guess you could hold the camera upside down. Fixing the screen like that is annoying... The other bits? I don't really have a need for an external flash, nor do I for an audio jack.

Although the 5N isn't that much more expensive and has a metal body for extra durability. I can get the twin lens kit for the 3N at the moment for about $500... That's a fair amount of kit for a ridiculous price.

I rather prefer the Sony tilt screen to fully articulating. Fully articulated screens are much more fragile. I thought fast af was a priority for you? If so I'd be getting a body without lens and spend the difference on the slt adapter and a pdaf lens. The Nex 6 is one of the faster focussing models (still not as fast as pdaf) and might be worth a look.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow