Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ergo607
Senior MemberPosts: 1,167Gear list
Like?
OM-D 10: still no customizable SCP
6 months ago

Since beginning with an E-330 several years ago, I always liked Olympus' implementation of the Super Control Panel. In fact, I loved it so much that I hardly ever used the dedicated hard buttons to some controls (want to change drive or ISO or WB? ==> SCP was the answer.) For me it was an easy way to use several (Olympus) camera's at the same time and not having to remember which one I used and where the darn hard button on said camera is located.

Now, having the OM-D and an endless list of options and settings, I feel that a customizable SCP is the only thing missing to make the perfect camera. There are a lot of options that I hardly ever use (eg. quality settings or color space), but other things that I find missing in the SCP (eg. I have always problems remembering where live bulb settings are located. Wouldn't it be wonderful to assign your most used functions in the SCP? That way you could easily ditch MySet (of which I never figured out how it works) and most hard buttons.

But guess what? No such luck for me. To make matters worse, the E-M5 was the first camera to have Super Control Panel being switched-off and hidden by default. Now, the newly introduced 10 sadly continues this trent. Almost as if Olympus would like to dump SCP all the same...

I know that Olympus was the first to introduce SCP, although some manufacturers (Fuji, Panasonic) have played catch up and offer some sort of SCP like interface. I am too lazy to check if any of them has some sort of customizability, but boy, would I love to see that...

-- hide signature --
 Ergo607's gear list:Ergo607's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow