neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Choice is good.
In reply to VertigonA380, 11 months ago

VertigonA380 wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

VertigonA380 wrote:

Sure I understand the ratio, but why didn't they just make it 1:1? I mean the converging lens would create the same image projection on the sensor, so why make it 4:3 and lose out? Or am I missing something technical in between?

If they made the sensor 1:1 then a lot more people would be asking why as they would have to crop to get a different ratio.

Just buy a GX7 and use 1:1 You get an 11.5mp image 3424 x 3424 large jpeg...still a lot more pixels than the cameras a lot of people are using.....and then you can change to any of the other formats.

One thing, would using 1:1 mean that some smaller format lenses might work on m4/3 cameras???

Interesting will the GX7 push out a 1:1 RAW file? That's the whole point, going to 1:1 shouldn't mean any increase in lens size, I mean the square inside the image circle could accommodate 1:1.

Yes raw as well (and raw plus jpeg).    I shoot jpegs.

You can have large (11.5mp), medium (6mp) and small (3mp) in 1:1.

neil holmes's gear list:neil holmes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow