Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ZRoach
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
"Homebaked" Df grip
6 months ago

Well well well, A lot of pals here complained the ergonomics of the Df, I complained too. Although some people claim that the small grip is not a big issue when in real use, I agree, BUT, it is very easy to get wrist fatigue after a long period of time (say you are out shooting for several hours straight)

and of course, with bigger and heavier manual lenses, forget it. you wrist can't bear the weight while your left hand tries to MF.

So, this problem had to be solved. but the question is HOW.

I remembered a few weeks ago a guy posted an rumour about "a well-known third party company is making a grip for Df" (some people presumed it's RRS) well, it has been weeks now, nothing happens.So I said it F it, I'll make one myself.

Long story short, I actually tried some hard materials (wood and metal) first but failed pretty bad. When my friend told me about the sugru. I gave it a shot and it just worked out SO F-ING AWESOME.

I took these photos with my shitty phone, but you get the idea. Right now, the Df fits in my hand like a glove. in fact, since it is pure customized with my own hand size, it's BEST grip I have ever tried. I don't want to make myself sound like Im promoting their product, but man, you just have to try it out. Peace out

ZRoach's gear list:ZRoach's gear list
Nikon Df
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow