D600 AF Tracking in Low-Light?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
arrr
Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 AF Tracking in Low-Light?
In reply to mrjpack, 8 months ago

mrjpack wrote:

First of all, if you are shooting indoors & need 6400, obviously you need a fast lens & if you are shooting sports AFC is a must. For better results you need to program the AE button to focus & set the shutter for release. Will you nail 100% nope, but you will get a good majority of your shots...

I've never been an AF ON button shooter. I've always used the half press to start focus and a full press to capture. This technique worked just fine on my previous D300 and D2X. I doubt I can change the way I shoot now. I've been doing it this way for 18 years.

For low light shooting, I understand that its necessary to take some buffer/insurance shots but I'm not looking to get lucky. I need the autofocus to be more reliable than unreliable. Losing 30% of my images to poor focus isn't going to cut it, especially when I am only going to get one chance to capture that moment.

arrr's gear list:arrr's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow