E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mchnz
Contributing MemberPosts: 555Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..
In reply to Ejvaccaro, 11 months ago

Ejvaccaro wrote:

Has anyone checked out the behavior of the camera in C-AF+Tracking mode with the new firmware? I have the 12-40MM lens and tried it. Maybe it's my imagination or I am "willing" the camera to work better but it actually seems to be better. From a 6th floor window I stood an panned a car moving about 10-25MPH (16-40KPH). The focus box stayed with the car. It worked 4 out of 5 times. I have to take some more shots in varying conditions but we may have a hidden improvement here.

If they have back-ported the focus module code from a more recent model, then it may be so.  The E-M5 hardware might limit what the software can do, but providing they haven't gone out of their way to cherry pick or disable software features, then the software may well include a few more tricks and optimisations.

It would be easier to test software if they kept the same source across models and didn't fill it too full of disable/enable decision checking, so that would be in our favour.

mchnz's gear list:mchnz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow