Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony where are your fast zoom lenses?
In reply to OpticsEngineer, 11 months ago

Comfortably hold is a bit of a loose term. You can "comfortably hold" a small body camera with a long lens, I've put silly things like a 2.2x tele on my LX7, I settled for a 1.7x. I've held other compact body cameras like the GM1, and EOS M I don't think it is that much of an issue.Or if it is, you can Just add a rubber grip to your lens. It's all within reason though, the crop factor means you can go to 150mm and with the crop factor, have more zoom than what most people will ever need in their shooting habits. It's even shorter if you're willing to look at µ4/3.

The attraction of having that kind of zoom is strong particularly when you're standing on the edge of a cliff and you cannot zoom with your feet, but want to capture the whole of the area you live in, in a 50km radius. You're probably entering into an area where atmospheric haze is going to make a mess of any camera though without the right filters. With a longer lens those houses in the valley would actually become points of interest rather than dots.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OKNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow