Do You Use the Neck Strap?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,756Gear list
Like?
Re: Do You Use the Neck Strap?
In reply to IGotShot, 11 months ago

I consider a neck strap to be absolutely essential for a DSLR.  I would like to know how anyone can change a less without a strap.  Well I am sure it is possible if you have a table or are sitting down.  But how can you change lenses while outside walking around?

BTW, here is how I do it with a strap.  First I press the lens release button and slightly turn the lens on the camera so it remains unlocked.  I pull a lens out of a pouch with my right hand.  The left hand removes the lens from the camera and the right immediately attaches the new lens.  I then stow the previously used lens in a lens case.  The process of lens changing can be completed in about 10 seconds while I am walking.  An exception is my 100-400 lens.  That beast is heavy enough that I need to stand still and concentrate while changing that lens.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow