Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coasterguy
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
RX-100 II vs. RX-10 vs. NEX-6 Too many choices
10 months ago

I am not one to carry my camera with me all over and I have tried many in the past.  I used to always carry a nice P&S until I few years ago when I went on two storm chasing vacations and was told to buy and DSLR which I did.  I got some excellent shots and even had a art show with the collection and still to this day sell prints from it.  If I had never gone on that trip I probably would have never drifted from P&S.  Fast forward to today and this past week I sold my DSLR and picked up a NEX-6 kit thinking smaller is where things are heading anyway.  Getting it home and doing little tests around the house it takes great photos for sure.  Thinking about longer knowing I NEVER changed a lens EVER on my DSLR makes me rethink it.  I have a 30 day love it exchange it policy where I bought it.  I am now reading of the RX-10 and the RX-100 II.  I know (don't roll your eyes now).  I like the small factor of the 100 II except I know I would have to add a grip as I would drop it all the time with my big hands.  I also like the larger size of the 10 and the fact that it a "All in one" type of machine.   The plus there is possibly taking it to dog shows.  Part of me says ditch the 6 and get Both the 10 and the 100 and call it a day and just spend more than I want too.

I guess insight is welcome as sometimes we just need to talk these decisions out.

Thanks!

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow