Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA DxOMark Score of 42

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,147Gear list
Like?
Re: Other 50s
In reply to neil holmes, 6 months ago

neil holmes wrote:

I think the FE is a wonderful lens though I wont get it. (I am happy with my many mf lenses on my A7).

Honestly, I am too, but it you want a good lens for f/1.8 shooting it is very nice.  If you really want to make the most of the A7r sensor.

I am just pointing out the camera is a BIG part of why the lens scores so high.

Definitely is the case.

I really would like to see the scores for the Nikon and Canon lenses on the A7R (and A7)

It would be nice if they tested a few of those too just for posterity, and people will use them on their A7/r with the DXO Software, so it would be valuable for them too.

Also how the FE 55 scores on the A7 (I am guessing pretty high maybe 20+).

Nikon has 36mp cameras but Canon does not (yet) so I think some of the Canon lenses would score a fair bit closer than they currently do (if on an A7R).

Agree, and also without the AA filter for more equal comparison.

I bet on the A7 it would score something like 18 to 20, I am curious as that would help me calibrate my score to their score  The AA filter will hurt it, and the fact that it is lower resolution. At least we have the D800 to look at.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow