Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,153Gear list
Like?
Re: Pat: quite a mixed bag
In reply to quezra, 9 months ago

quezra wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

judging by pre-orders bar at 28.3% (more than 6% higher than A7) to the right of my editing window on DPR, the XT-1 is an instant hit

Lol that's not a pre-order bar (why would there be pre-orders for the A7 when it's been out 2 months?). It's a 7-day count of most-clicked on cameras at DPR. You'll notice it pretty much aligns with all the newest announcements, up to 7 days old. A7 was as high as 43% at one point, maxed at 7 days after the review came out (unsurprisingly).

I had noticed that it was far above the other cameras for days.  Should we have trolled the Nikon boards since the A7 was more popular this past week?   Of course not.  So now that the A7 is not the most-clicked on DPR, we shouldn't have to hear how much the next flavor-of-the-week is "better" because people are curious about the new shiny.

But if the sidebar is the measurement of success, the A7 must have been a massive hit.  And it probably has been.  I bet Sony makes more models that are similar, with a center hump, just like the competition.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow