Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Richman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,111Gear list
Like?
A7r: Sunrise with Zeiss and Leica
11 months ago

Here are some morning shots from the last couple days with various lenses on the A7r:

Two shot pano with 90mm Macro Elmar at F8

wo shot pano with 90mm Macro Elmar at F8

These are sharp, but not as sharp as I'd expect from Leica primes. To be fair, the atmosphere was boiling, which makes ultimate sharpness impossible. I need to do more tests.

Two shot panorama with Leica 135mm M Telyt APO at f8, using a 5' ladder to shoot over high ground distractions

This is sharp, sharp, sharp! I love the rendering of this lens. It is my favorite and best lens for the A7r, bar none.

Leica 135mm Telyt M APO at F8

Yellow sheds glow against white snow with warm early morning sunlight.

Sony Zeiss 55mm

Truly a great lens.

Nikon D800e + Nikkor 70-200mm F4 VR @ F8 and 190mm, 3 shot panorama

This was taken shortly after sunrise, the morning after a nice snowfall. The air was as clear as I've seen, so there's lots of detail in this long shot. Only two buildings are visible: NCAR to the right, and my vet's compound to the left.  My vet said that the fence running in front of the compound is a half mile from the compound. The flatirons to the left are several miles away, but Longs Peak on the right is well over 40 miles away. I've been waiting weeks for a morning like this!

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +11 more
Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow