Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,258Gear list
Like?
Re: Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public
In reply to Bob Tullis, 11 months ago

Bob Tullis wrote:

Even photographers will have differing opinions about those shots.

As I am learning.

If those aren't subjects you've shot before, there's a lot to admire about them. "If only I could get some shots like that", and like that.

My first winter shots as a dedicated photographer.

If you've been chasing such types of scenery for years on end, they'll be OK, like many others out there, but not like that one time I got this shot with this weird light and that mountain lion that hopped on top of the barn just as I was ready to snap, and I caught it as it leapt and grabbed an owl in mid-air, silhouetted by the rising moon. . . that one ruined all barn shots for me from then on.

Yeah, I worry about that. Takes all the fun out of stuff that used to thrill me... It has started to happen already. The more I learn, the pickier I get.

You should post this mountain lion, eating owl, in moon light shot.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow