Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Paulmorgan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,818
Like?
Re: Too much religion not any science
In reply to texinwien, 9 months ago

texinwien wrote:

DonSC wrote:

Whatever. Putting it on a tripod is the simplest way to eliminate hand shake. In fact that's why tripods were invented. But yes, we wouldn't want to eliminate hand shake as the source of the problem because that would might create cognitive dissonance in the minds of the shutter shock faithful.

That's rich - the cognitive dissonance is all on your side. As I demonstrated to almost you a month ago, the shutter shock blur doesn't always disappear when the camera is mounted on a tripod.

Here it is again, plain evidence of increased blurriness in the shutter shock danger zone with hand shake eliminated:

Huh. Look at that. The ISO100 (1/40), ISO200 (1/80) and ISO400 (1/160) images are significantly more blurred than the ISO800 (1/320) image.

Source

Assuming DPReview puts each camera on a good tripod when shooting their studio comparison scene (I think that's a safe assumption), how do you explain the above evidence?

Cognitive dissonance much?

That's rich - the cognitive dissonance is all on your side. As I demonstrated to almost you a month ago, the shutter shock blur doesn't always disappear when the camera is mounted on a tripod.

Here it is again, plain evidence of increased blurriness in the shutter shock danger zone with hand shake eliminated:

Attaching the camera to something solid is likely to increase the risk of SS, hence the delay settings that you can set, this is even talked about in the camera manual.

And this is perfectly normal and to be expected under certain conditions.

At least by testing using a tripod you are eliminating most other causes of blur, such as hand shake etc.

Hand held the risk of SS diminishes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow