Another Olympus E-M1 and SONY a7 walkabout test, high ISO

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Wee
Contributing MemberPosts: 529Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Olympus E-M1 and SONY a7 walkabout test, high ISO
In reply to blue_skies, 7 months ago

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I agree with pretty much all you said - there were quite a few areas that I could have done better. I used the default sharpening in LR for the post-processing. Unfortunately I didn't have time to optimize them - I thought keeping them default would at least let us know where we can go from there.
As for the framing - it was quite difficult to get exact framing, given the slightly different aspect ratios, and the slightly longer reach of the 55mm. I moved just enough to roughly get things into the frame so that there would not be too much of a size disparity when looked at side by side.
On the image with the yellow wavy bits - the focus was set on the front most yellow board, on the top edge. As for the "horses", I used AF on both and it sure looks to me like there was some misfocus. If I could I would re-do this one as it is quite a useful photo with lots of detail. In the Cityscape photo, I forgot to mention that I switched to the CZ 35mm F2.8 and the Oly 17mm F1.8 for that shot. There too, it appears that there might be less than perfect focus on the a7 photo. I would re-do this one if possible.
Once again, thanks for your very useful remarks, both here and in the other thread.

Daniel Wee's gear list:Daniel Wee's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD750 Olympus C-2000 Zoom Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-M1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow