Oly 25mm 1.8 available for pre-order on Amazon

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,100Gear list
Like?
Re: Only $100 more for the Panasonic?
In reply to peppermonkey, 11 months ago

Not to criticize your purchase too much but if you can get the Pan-Leica 25mm 1.4 for only ~$100 more, I sure hope the lens is absolutely stellar, otherwise, I think the Pan-Leica is a better deal...

I've got the Panasonic 25/1.4, and as much as I like it should the new Oly deliver roughly the same optical goods the small size is attractive enough for me to consider switching. Smaller lenses means I can carry and use more of them, and that's the primary attraction of the m43 system for me.

The 12-35 and 35-100 Panasonics are terrific, and once you start carrying them the primes need to be small or I'll leave them at home. The 14 Panny, 25/1.8 Oly, and 45/1.8 Oly are about all the primes I'm likely to cart about on top of the 7-14/12-35/35-100 trinity. As stellar as the 75 Oly is, It's already riding the pine now that I have the 35-100. Ultimate optical excellence may keep me from selling the 75 (or 25/1.4), but not reserve a consistent spot in my carry bag.

Steve_'s gear list:Steve_'s gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow