a lot of pressure on Sony now ...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,685
Like?
Dennis: I feel perfectly at loss = the a3000 was a disaster not a glory for S.
In reply to Dennis, 7 months ago

Dennis wrote:

This seemed like such a brilliant move until reality set in. The EVF and LCD are so bad that it's hard to imagine anyone preferring this camera to a D3100. I've never seen a Sony camera go on fire sale so quickly. Right idea; wrong product.

errr? what was so brilliant about the a3000? a faux-DSLR form factor? or maybe the price point, but then why was it land-slided (perhaps mud-slided would be a better description) almost immediately after introduction to a dumping point = it is a surprising really why others didn't go into litigation with S. for employing unfair marketing practices and selling below costs?!! (but maybe the cost ARE this low, and then it is a true eye-opener by how much end-users are gutted price-wise).

They all need to bring down the price of EVF models to sell more units. I think it's a known issue; I don't think the A3000 is a trigger of any kind. (It may demonstrate how not to do it).

or... maybe it is = by showing the real manufacturers' costs??

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow