Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Lab D
Senior MemberPosts: 4,318Gear list
Like?
Blue Skies misleading again.
In reply to blue_skies, 9 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

Lab D wrote:

Thanks for the samples, they are very helpful.

I would remind everyone that Olympus has wider aperture lenses and IBIS too. This means if you use the Olympus 12-40mm F/2.8 as a walkabout lens, not only will you have a greater range and more uses (also a great close-up lens), but you will get 1 extra stop of light over the new Sony 24-70mm F/4 lens.

How so: in equivalence terms, the Oly 12-40/f2.8 becomes 24-80/f5.6 versus the Sony 24-70/f4.0?

You can expose on the Oly one stop faster (at f/2.8), but the sensor difference nullify this.

I saw in another thread where you admitted the difference between the E-M1 and A7 is NOT 2 stops, and when I went to DxO's site to verify this I saw the difference in noise was usualy about one to one and a half stops and the difference in dynamic range was almost always only 1/2 stop and maybe less.  Are you now saying DxO is wrong?   I'll take the camera with more dynamic range that can has a focus system that works over one that is very unreliable, had slightly less noise, but also less dynamcic range.  I am just glad I can use the E-M1 to take pictures of kids in action with a lens over 70mm. 

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow