Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aldridgec
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
D700 help needed. High ISO concern.
3 months ago

Back in the fall I noticed some wide bands of noise in dark areas, or any high iso image that I tweaked in LR. The noise bands are consistent across differently composed images, so it's not anything in the image that is causing it.

I'm revisiting the topic bc I picked up a new D7000 and the high ISO noise pattern is much more acceptable.

A flickr group member seemed to think it had something to do with the way the D700 processes images. If this is the case, I should see it in other D700's. I stopped by my local camera shop to try a D700, which suggested I check the RAW converter bit depth or buy a new camera. I get the same results in bridge, viewNX or LR, so I don't think it's the conversion.

Can someone take a long, high ISO (6400) black exposure RAW file and send it to me somehow? With just the body cap on should be suitable. I would like to compare the noise patterns.

Thanks!

aldridgec's gear list:aldridgec's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +4 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow