E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Frank B
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,377Gear list
Like?
Re: Set to "s" but size of focus box remains the same.
In reply to dave rogers, 7 months ago

Thanks.  The reset did not work, but when I went back to the SCP I was able to not only get the small focus box, but got the new array too and then clicked OK and the focus box stays small when I shut off the camera and turn it back on again.  It appears to be working correctly .

dave rogers wrote:

When I use the Super Control Panel to get the small focus box it does change, but if I shut off the camera I have to reset it.

I thought that if I used the new Gear/AF/MF/Home setting and set it to [.]s that would change the focus box to small. It does not.

That seems odd. I've just tried it with both the SCP and the menu, both can set the focus points to small. Took a shot, powered down and turned it back on. Small focus points remained.

Perhaps something is a bit digitally "stuck" and a camera reset might restore the proper behavior?

-- hide signature --
 Frank B's gear list:Frank B's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow