Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,298Gear list
Like?
Re: Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public
In reply to Mellowmark, 7 months ago

Mellowmark wrote:

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts.

The first two photos lack clear points of interest/ subjects and it's not clear what the photo is of (apart from being of a pretty scene).

Thanks for reinforcing this point that I've received from others.

The second one has nice light but nothing of interest in the foreground. (I appreciate there may have been nothing of interest there).

I saw that light and knew it wouldn't last long. I pulled have to the side of the road and dove for my camera. I took a shot with a road and power lines in the foreground. Then I scurried across the road to get those out and what you see is what I had to work with.

Do you think having the road and power lines in the foreground would make it better. I suppose I should just post the shot when I get time.

The third one is stronger as it has a clear subject (the beautiful barn obviously), but I would experiment with different angles and framing, perhaps using the trees. Perhaps a crop would work to make the barn more prominent?

Great feedback. I've received the crop feedback on the barn several times now so I will post a re-cropped version when I get time so folks can judge.

Some more interesting light in the sky or on the barn (golden hour?)

The problem is when I'm out enjoying nature I can't shoot every nice scene at the golden hour. When I'm home I go to special places that I find specifically at the golden hour but that is harder to do when traveling.

Just my opinion though (which does not count for much) - after all opinions are like assh*les - we all have one.

But when added to those of others it helps create a much clearer idea of what is good and what isn't.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow