Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
pavi1
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,328Gear list
Like?
Re: Disagree on terminology...
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 11 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Stealth has nothing to do with camera shape... nobody out on the street is thinking, wow, that faux-dslr shape is so easy to see but that RF shape is invisible.

Stealth may not be the proper word... Perception maybe should have been used. Often when using a DSLR people seem a bit on edge.. store owners wonder what you are doing, so do security goons, people tend to shy away once you are spotted, etc.

When I have used any small boxy style camera, whether it be a D-Lux 4, GF1 or the X-E2, the perception seems to change from me possibly being a pro, reporter, terrorist, lawyer or some other "type" one needs to wary of to some spare tourist guy with a point and shoot.. and they ignore me.... in a sense that might be considered stealth.

Once Google glasses are perfected and made invisible, we will be able to leave our DSLR at home hooked to our computer and take professional grade pictures without anyone knowing we even own a camera.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow