Why do these A7R shots look so awful? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 1,740Gear list
Re: Are you guys completely insane?!
In reply to philosomatographer, 6 months ago

philosomatographer wrote:

I can't believe what I am reading. Which part of "I am not referring to artistic quality" was unclear to you all? Do you just WANT to pick a fight?

There were some very helpful responses in this - a technical gear forum - yet you come out of the blue and effectively state that performing any kind of technical analysis is a hostile act.

Why would anybody then even bother buying an ultra-high-image-quality camera like the A7 in the first place? Just get a Holga! Use your camera phone!

I posted a link to some appalling-quality images made with what is effectively the highest-performance image sensor available. I wanted community input, not owning the camera in question, but being very interested in it.

I got a most satisfactory answer from courteous replies - yet after it all, people feel they need to take this thread completely off-topic and spew bile in my direction. Please get over yourselves!

Sheesh.

Let's be honest. Your effort wasn't to obtain opinion. You were on Trey's site and know what he is about and that he does heavy HDR/PP work. You were not only taking a shot at his work, but were really trying to attack the A7R and the JPEG engine used on it. The sample road and mountains picture would have shown too much gravel detail had he sharpened the image too much so you used this image to cause a stir attacking the camera. Shame on you. Go back to your Oly forums.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow