Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,684
Like?
Re: Only $100 more for the Panasonic?
In reply to G1Houston, 11 months ago

G1Houston wrote:

lnikj wrote:

We'll see but my guess is like the other Olympus 1.8 primes this will be edge and corner corrected whereas the Panaleica 1.4 is not to my knowledge (on Olympus bodies)?

First I am not sure if the 25/1.8 will have better corners at f1.8.  Keep in mind though that only the 25/1.4 can be used at f1.4, which makes it the fastest native m4/3 lens.  Another thing to remember is that corner sharpness is not everything, and in fact the corrections for corners sharpness often result in bad bokeh.  The 25/1.4 is known to have a smooth bokeh even wide open, which is one of the main reasons people want it.  Edge to edge sharpness is more important for a lens designed to be used for landscape.  The 25/1.8 is really best to be viewed as an ideal kit lens with the new OM10 for people who are just starting to collect lenses.  If you already have the 25/1.4 or the 20/1.7, it is hard to justify the need to get this lens, IMOP.  If OM10 uses the same image processor as EM1 (and it seems that it does), the banding issue with 20/1.7 should be addressed.

If all you have is the 20 and you really want a 25mm "normal" FL length lens, this is a big deal.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow