D800 Autofocus issues II

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,936Gear list
Like?
Re: Can someone please point me to hard evidence of D800 focus problems
In reply to Simon Garrett, 6 months ago

Fair enough.

Putting the left focus issue aside for the moment, how would one certify or dispose of the APPARANTLY observed tendency of my D800 to low light focus hunt relative to my D3x and my D700? I have nothing to offer beyond my un scientific personal observation of only one sample, which settles nothing.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, my personal shooting procedures have been adjusted to take advantage of the camera's strengths and avoid what I perceive as potential weekness, so for me this is also largely academic. I'm sold on the camera
--
http://www.nightstreets.com
-
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow