I wish it is possible...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,212Gear list
Like?
Re: I wish it is possible...
In reply to richard stone, 8 months ago

richard stone wrote:

The Fuji does look like a sexy camera. My recollection when I handled a recent Fuji was that it felt very dense and businesslike.

But I sometimes come to think it is amazing that Sigma makes cameras at all. And not only that, but good ones, although a "niche" product because all they do is make really good images.

The problem for Sigma is that it has to leapfrog current technology a bit because it produces cameras infrequently, and thus its offerings sometimes appear, in a short while, as if they have fallen behind, even if they continue to work quite well. The market demands new.

Richard

-- hide signature --

I'm glad for Sigma that they carved their niche. All the early struggles finally pays in good press for DPM series in the eyes of experts and enthusiasts alike.

Maybe Sigma cannot afford yet to do the technological leapfrog on their own, most likely the cameras are not at the top of their priorities for understandable reasons.

Mirrorless camera development sets clear standards for what is achievable. Looking and adopting accordingly could not be a bad thing for the long run for Sigma since their sensor + lens combos sets them apart from the rest already. If they, of course, are interested in making cameras which would appeal to broad audience.

RF

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow