I wish it is possible...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,141Gear list
Like?
Re: Exactly my thoughts
In reply to rick decker, 6 months ago

rick decker wrote:

Unfortunately it takes money to implement ones visions and aspirations. We will learn more about Sigma and their new leader from the next camera which will be all his. He knows what he needs. At a minimum I would expect live view, faster processing, better battery life and better AF. I would not expect video (asking too much given live view is {most likely} a higher priority), nor bigger buffer. I would not expect much difference in ISO performance. A lot of time and effort in this has been expended both by Sigma and Foveon and results have been so-so. These things have been hammered home time and again.

Thanks for refreshing perspective, Rick,

My post was not intended to stir the pot. I can easily visualize priorities at Sigma, I think that what they do with recent lenses is a wonderful success story. Hopefully, their cameras development will fit the same philosophy when the time come.

Richard

R

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow