Another Olympus E-M1 and SONY a7 walkabout test, high ISO

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
skyglider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,056Gear list
Like?
Keep up the good work!
In reply to Daniel Wee, 9 months ago

Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to post your two threads comparing the E-M1 to the Alpha 7. I'm very interested in buying one of these two cameras and your threads are very much appreciated.

Ignore the folks who criticize your posts. You provided more than ample disclaimers. It's not imperative that the settings be identical on both cameras since in real world shooting, one might not have identical settings shooting the same thing on different days using only one camera. I'm interested in "real world" comparisons, not lab comparisons.

SHUTTER SHOCK TESTS:

Regarding the A7, one thing I'm especially interested in is it's ability to use an electronic first curtain shutter verses normal shutter. Have you noticed a difference in sharpness (or lack of blur) using the electronic first curtain shutter on the A7?

Regarding the E-M1, I'm interested in it's short release lagtime shutter verses normal shutter. Have you noticed a difference in sharpness or lack of blur using the short release lagtime shutter compared to using the normal shutter?

Keep up the good work and I hope you continue with your E-M1 verses Alpha 7 threads.
Sky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow