B&W Photography

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,158Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Idea - A Dedicated Monochrome Camera
In reply to bruxi, 7 months ago

bruxi wrote:

And I think the art of "previsualizing" is gone. Read though posts on B&W and they talk about "going though the files to see which color shots might work as B&W" etc. People go out and shoot thousands of shots in a day sometimes. I usually shoot less than 20, 30 at the most. I guess this comes from when I shot 4X5 and I had 10 sheets of film for the whole day

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Don't assume this is so easy for everyone

Hmm.. I don't see in my post where I said this was easy.

What I see is the attitude that "I don't even need to try" and just shoot everything and anything in sight because "digital is free". Then when they get home, sort through them and see if they got something. If it doesn't work in color, try a B&W conversion..

Most of what I consider my really good digital shots, I knew they were going to be at least pretty good before I pushed the shutter. Like another poster said, I see many shots that I can tell the light or the sky is wrong and just don't take it. I do note it could be a good subject if I return on another day or maybe wait for a while to see if the light/sky changes etc.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow