Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Hurray!!!
In reply to Michael J Davis, 6 months ago

Michael J Davis wrote:

Anders W wrote:

kenw wrote:

These were two things I had wanted on the E-M5 - so glad they added them. Smaller point focus desired for shallow DoF portraits and for much of my landscape shooting I end up over exposing ISO200 already and will be glad to have the extended ISO100 to do it for me (or at least start out closer).

Hi Ken,

Long time no see. Glad to see you around.

me 2.

Small focus box without having to change to zoom-frame AF: Well, I am just as happy to have that as you are. This was at the very top of my list of things to be fixed.

Dead right, Anders!

The new box is smaller than the 14x that I've been using up to now. And a quick check in this dim office suggests that focussing - even with the 20mm f1.7 - is more positive (i.e. less hunting) for instance on my black keyboard at 1.3sec f1.7 ISO200.

Could also be very useful for the BIF contingent!

(eg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman/9218087590/ )

Absolutely Mike. The bigger focus box with standard AF (and the need to switch over to zoom-frame AF to get a smaller one) was one of very few areas where I felt I downgraded when I went from the Pany G1 to the Oly E-M5. Glad to be back to "normalcy" in this regard.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow