RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,263
Like?
Re: Dereliction
In reply to Scott Whittemore, 7 months ago

Scott Whittemore wrote:

Dereliction (E-5 & ZD 14-35 f2 SWD)

-- hide signature --

That is a gorgeous and utterly sharp reflection, and very well exposed too.

My favourite little part is how you framed the blue tank in the background just between the wooden posts of the second structure from the right.

In fact, when compared with the clean composition of that right part of the image (in which the horizontal boards between the posts are also nicely above horizon level), the left most part feels and looks more like a messy bunch of overlapping elements : posts overlapping each other and coinciding with the horizon and structures in the background partly obscured.

I would be inclined, I think, to limit this image to its strongest parts. This means : cropping off the left part and ending up with a strong square image.

I believe that such crop would have to be made right next (on the left side) of that one small reflected post that sits also in the water but more in the distance.  And if you don't mind some cheating against journalistic reality, you could consider removing the remaining buildings on what has become your far left, but replacing that stretch of beach by a part cloned from further to the right.  Way too complicated for myself, but I am sure that Andrew could do a perfect job.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow