Another Olympus E-M1 and SONY a7 walkabout test, high ISO

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
arbuz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Olympus E-M1 and SONY a7 walkabout test, high ISO
In reply to Daniel Wee, 9 months ago

Daniel Wee wrote:

Actually it is very simple and there's nothing conspiratorial about this. After all, I stated exactly what I had done. What do you suppose the agenda might be?

You have stated it but you still did it. Had you forget to mention about it there is still exif. You're claiming you did a camparison and draw a conclusions like if you had compared apples to apples.

To make the E-M1 look worse? And why on earth would anyone want to do such a thing? To make the a7 look better? Whatever for?

Since when adding more light to E-M1 pictures would result in E-M1 look worse?

First set - A7 has much hiher shutter speed = less light.

Second set - At has higher aperture = less light.

3rd set - with times 1/2500 and 1/4000 it is hardly a proper ISO test as there is plenty of light.

4rd set - A7 has 1/3EV less shutter, 2/3Ev less aperture while oply has 0,7 exposure compensation. Less light to A7 again. Not to mention that sony image is darker so they are not comparable.

5th set - A7 get 2/3Ev less light.

6th set - aparture difference with strange explanation. F4 for 35mm gives plenty of DOF and there will not be so much details in distant building anyway with this kind of shot.

Basically you have applied constant exposure bias in favour of E-M1. Interestingly there is no single case where settings are equal or when bias is on sony side. You call it "dislosure". I call it agenda.

As explained in the OP, I did this, first of all, in response to queries about high ISO performance. The rest are low priority outcomes. I can't believe that even with all the disclaimers and disclosures, there would be allegations of hidden agenda. Amazing.

arbuz's gear list:arbuz's gear list
Samsung EX2F Pentax *ist DS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow