Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,938Gear list
Like?
Re: X-T1 and 56mm hands-on
In reply to adr23, 8 months ago

adr23 wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

adr23 wrote:

I played around with the X-T1 and 56mm and if I were to put it all into one word it'd be 'impressive'.

The autofocus on the camera is fast, very fast. My X-Pro1 feels like a turtle. I can finally say that it's on par with consumer DLSRs (well, almost And the EVF...to be honest kind of blew me away with it's size plus the way it worked in dim conditions - hardly noticed any tearing or strange artifacts. Did I mention it was big? It feels much lighter than the Pro1 and a bit more refined. And the vertical grip, even though it looks awkward is quite comfortable to use.

56's about the same size as the 23, handles about the same, and from what I could see on the X-T1 screen the center is quite sharp at 1.2 but the edges tend to be a bit soft (as expected).

I can hardly come up with anything negative about the camera...well the FN button is a pain in the butt to access/press plus some of the buttons feel somewhat cheap, but overall it's quite the camera. And no, he EV dial is not stiff, and no, the tilt screen doesn't make the camera feel cheap.

I wasn't quite sure if I was buying the X-T1, but after trying it out, there Fuji, here's my money!
I'll be quite broke come March

And one more thing, 10-24 is big and it has a rubberized focusing grip (huh...?)

adrian.

How does the one-shot AF speed compare to the X-E2?

Sal

I'm sorry, but I can't tell. Don't own an X-E2. Maybe I'll try them out on Friday and compare. Saying that, my Pro1 AF felt ancient.

two years is a lifetime in digital camera years!

-- hide signature --

http://f-sunny.com
The future is just a click away...

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow