Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peter mort
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Potential V3 Competitor in Olympus EM-10
8 months ago

I have been for many years looking for a replacement for my Nikon 8400 which has a 24mm wide angle lens and a shoe to take my 600 flash. My requirements were small size, view finder and built in flash.

I will have to compromise and accept 28mm wide angle. I think the 1" sensor is the right size if it gives me small lenses. Today:- Nikon V2 looks possible but price is high, 10-30 lens needs to be better for the price and it will not accept my 600 flash. Nikon 7800 OK but view finder not the best. Olympus Stylus 1 looks very good and has a good view finder.

The New Olympus EM-10 looks very good. Conventional Olympus flash shoe. Very compact 28 to 84mm lens (in UK). Has the looks of a proper camera. !!! I will have to buy a new flash but the EM-10 price is very competitive.

No news of a V3 but it will have to be very good to complete on features and price.

I favour Nikon but they will have to produce something very good in a possible V3.

Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow